The skills you learned on the target shooting range or in your CCW class may not work for you when the fight happens within arms’ reach. Extreme close range gun fighting is a completely different skill set, one that relies far more on FIGHTING than on mere shooting.
With up to 50% of gunfights occurring at ranges closer than five feet, you need this skill set! Join Greg Ellifritz as he teaches a dynamic close quarters gun fighting class in Virginia that will cover the following topics:
- Retention Shooting Positions
- Body positioning and shooting stances for the close quarters fight
- In-fight weapons access and drawing skills
- Stopping and opponent’s draw
- Making contact shots without creating malfunctions
- Close quarters gun disarms
- One handed close quarters malfunction drills
- Using the pistol as an impact weapon
- Drawing and shooting from unconventional positions
- Weapons access and gun fighting from the ground
- Rescuing a partner or family member who is in an opponent’s clinch
- Weapons retention, both in holster and in hand
- And numerous other techniques!
This is not the class for a beginning shooter! Proper gun handling skills and evidence of prior training is a prerequisite for the course. Prior training in a combative martial art or police defensive tactics class will be useful, but not required. The class will be somewhat physically demanding, so please show up expecting to work hard.
Length- 9 hours